Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Downeast


For my summer vacation I decided to not go to another regatta. Vicki and I chartered a 1965 Pilot 35 from Hinckley Yacht Charters. This is the second year in a row that we have gone to Maine, and honestly it is starting to take a serious spot in my mind about what a sailing vacation should be. There aren't a lot of people, there is always a nice southwesterly blowing, the scenery is down right breathtaking; there are great looking boats, active legacy boat builders like Hinckley, Morris and Sabre, and of course I can sail all day if I want, or just hang at anchor or at a mooring. We have found our thing we can do together. The food is fresh, local, from the sea or local soil, and generally we just get off the grid, suck down local produce bought at stands, drown clams and lobsta with fresh basil, olive oil and veggies, and fall asleep in our sleeping bags after long days of sailing and walking around.

No comments: